To provide compassionate, individualized, holistic and supportive care to all patients with life-limiting illnesses, their caregivers and families.
To create affordable palliative care, including care of the elderly and raise awareness on presiding healthcare challenges and educate the community.
What problems are we solving?
- Palliative care is still in its infancy in most parts of India with more than 99% of the population being deprived of its benefits
- Availability of resources is a major problem and this factor is compounded by lack of affordability.
- Accessibility to doctors and medical care is a major issue in small towns and villages 70-80% of the population of India still live in villages and small towns.
- Majority of patients die undignified deaths often leaving the families in a state of prolonged bereavement.
Palliative care is a multidisciplinary approach to specialized medical and nursing care for people with life-limiting illnesses. Our supportive care helps the patient and their family to cope with their condition and treatment of it – from pre-diagnosis, through the process of diagnosis and treatment, to cure, continuing illness or death and into bereavement.
Our Approach - How do we do this?
- Creating awarenessabout palliative care and cancer through outreach programmes in the catchment area.
- Training a pool of local resources by empowering women and youth of the area with nursing and healthcare training.
- Organising community outreach programs through camps such as distribution of clothes, OPD at villages and training in the remote villages to promote goodwill & trust.
- Conduct regular sessions through the Indian Association of Palliative Care certificate course in essentials of palliative care to our rural doctors, nurses & village volunteers.