Dr. Abhijit Dam, Founder and Medical Director
Dr. Abhijit Dam is the founder of Kosish. His passion and pain of observing patients die a lonely, painful and undignified deaths in ICUs, made his mission to provide the terminally ill with a good quality of life with symptom control. He has also focussed on spiritual and psychological issues in end-of-life care and has conducted some commendable work integrating religion, spirituality and quality of life. He has authored two books on the same and is currently working on his third book. He has a special interest in after-life.
- MBBS, MD (AIIMS)
- Certificate in Palliative Medicine (Poland),FPM
- Diploma in Palliative Medical Cardiff, MSc in Palliative Medicine.
- Indian Fellowship in Palliative Medicine,
- Certification in Advanced Vedanta, 2012.
- Fellowship in Successful Ageing, Stanford University, 2013,
- Contemplative & End of life course, USA, 2013,
- National Faculty and Vice President of Indian Association of Palliative Care.